• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540V Encoder strip flip

strypguy

I'm going to try to prolong the life of my SP540V's encoder strip by flipping it. By flipping should the left side now be on the right side or do you just make the bottom the top? I seem to remember the tech I was talking to a few months ago saying I need to flip and put the left side to the right but I can't get ahold of the tech at this time to ask. Thanks, John

rjssigns

I just flipped mine top for bottom, but it was only a stop gap. Bottom that had never seen the light of day was marginally better. Ended up ordering a new generic strip and installing it. You may want to have a new strip on hand just in case. IIRC I paid about 30 bucks delivered.

As long as the strip is 180LPI and long enough you'll be fine. The one I ordered fits Roland, Mimaki, etc...

If you want to wait a couple weeks I think Alibaba has them for 11 bucks and that includes shipping.:omg:

jfiscus

Rap Master
Top to bottom, you'll probably have to put a tiny hole in it with an exacto to have it fit.
Take it out and CLEAN it well and you should be good to go again.
Also; the eye that reads the encoder strip isn't that hard to get out and clean either; I've had it be the cause of problems more than once before.

Ragnabrok

yeah, held on by one screw behind the head carriage. be careful getting it back on, it's slot mounted, so it can be mounted at an angle, or too far one way or the other that it rubs against the strip. there's a fair enough gap to have it somewhere in the middle and be fine.