• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540V Head Rplce hiccup or WORSE!

Jackflush

Gorgor
Changing head for first time. On INK FILL after head was installed I ran out of blue ink. Roland Wants Blue INK but there is none for days. What should I do? Pinch the drain tube and head soak till I can get it?

thats all i thought to do. the heads are soaking and the tubes did fill all the way into the dampers.

Last edited:

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Changing head for first time. On INK FILL after head was installed I ran out of blue ink. Roland Wants Blue INK but there is none for days. What should I do? Pinch the drain tube and head soak till I can get it?

thats all i thought to do. the heads are soaking and the tubes did fill all the way into the dampers.

It's fine for it to sit for a couple days as long as the heads are capped. You don't want to pinch the ink line as it can damage it. Keep looking. California is full of Roland dealers. Should be one that has it in stock. Or even look out of state. There are inks available.

Jackflush

Gorgor
We got it... Dad is driving to Benicia... thanks Its getting less scary all the time. I came back this morning after shutting it down and the heads on soak, and it was cryin for ink again. turned itself back on?

Jackflush

Gorgor
I suppose I should ask
It's fine for it to sit for a couple days as long as the heads are capped. You don't want to pinch the ink line as it can damage it. Keep looking. California is full of Roland dealers. Should be one that has it in stock. Or even look out of state. There are inks available.
I got a question. After i installed the new head the machine was filling the lines and dampers when it demanded the blue cartidge. I turned off the sub power to reboot into service mode. Does the printer understand a head has been replaced because i entered it before i had to hard reboot it?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
The SP540 only knows if you replaced a head if you change the head rank number in service mode. Otherwise it just thinks the old ones are in there. Usually you get stuck in refill mode. If you are able to boot in regular mode and it doesn't try to refill I would just do a strong cleaning and that should get the ink the rest of the way. There is a way to bypass the fill and do it yourself but I can't remember how!