• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion SP540V help... air in Magenta line

Changed damper & cap top this afternoon and suctioned ink thru cap top tube only to get a bunch of air bubbles in magenta line see picture. Tube doesn't want to hold ink either
Anyone know how to fix this or any idea on what I am doing wrong?
I have changed dampers & cap tops many times before but never had this happen....
Thank you in advance for any help regarding my fix.

Attachments

• SP540v pic.jpeg
    SP540v pic.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 165
  • SP540v pic.jpeg
    SP540v pic.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 128

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It is perfectly fine to have air bubbles in the cap top tube. Although the tube should be black not clear which means your cap top is probably aftermarket. We have had a lot of 3rd party cap tops not work properly for some reason so we always stick with OEM. If there is air above the damper then you might have an issue. But the cap top tube does not have to be solid for it to be working properly. In fact, you want it to drain out so it doesn't clog eventually.

rjssigns

Could be a bad cap top too if you're not using OEM. Can't remember if you can adjust height or not.