• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp540V - Not connecting to Versaworks - No Printer Name - New Network Card

SketchyGraphix

I have a SP540V Roland Printer. Had a new Network card installed due to possible failure from a lightning strike/power outage.

Im having trouble connecting the printer to versaworks since the card was replaced.

It seems as though the Intercon-NetTool is not picking up the printer name.

This then seems to be the cause of the error in versaworks

Everything picks up fine through the IP, so the card is doing the right thing i think. It just isnt sending through the printer model name therefore versaworks can not verify what machine to add.

We have reset the network card, and re-set everything back up, but its the same issue of the printer name not being picked up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the tech coming back out tomorrow, but it would be nice to get an idea whether its an issue from the new installation of the network card or something that i can fix myself.

(he did check connection on his laptop and my pc - and it was fine, it still is, however never actually trialled a print job through versaworks from my pc)

I have attached 2 files

1. the error message

2. the Intercon-Nettool showing the connection but the printer model missing

Attachments

• Versaworks Error.PNG
    Versaworks Error.PNG
    20.3 KB · Views: 402
  • Missing Printer name.PNG
    Missing Printer name.PNG
    26.4 KB · Views: 254

GTSTech_1

Change the IPv4 setting of the new network card to be one off from the printer ip.........if printer ip is 192.168.010.100, then make the network card ip 192.168.010.99

Goatshaver

I have a SP540V Roland Printer. Had a new Network card installed due to possible failure from a lightning strike/power outage.

Im having trouble connecting the printer to versaworks since the card was replaced.

It seems as though the Intercon-NetTool is not picking up the printer name.

This then seems to be the cause of the error in versaworks

Everything picks up fine through the IP, so the card is doing the right thing i think. It just isnt sending through the printer model name therefore versaworks can not verify what machine to add.

We have reset the network card, and re-set everything back up, but its the same issue of the printer name not being picked up.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I have the tech coming back out tomorrow, but it would be nice to get an idea whether its an issue from the new installation of the network card or something that i can fix myself.

(he did check connection on his laptop and my pc - and it was fine, it still is, however never actually trialled a print job through versaworks from my pc)

I have attached 2 files

1. the error message

2. the Intercon-Nettool showing the connection but the printer model missing

Hopefully you've fixed your issue.

I think I have lost my network card to power surge. Where did you purchase your card from?