• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP540v - Pinch Roller adjustment - Tracking

vsmartino

New here as a member, but I've been lurking for years.

I currently have an SP540v in my fleet. I'm quite versed on every aspect of this machine including repairs, head replacements, board replacements etc. I'm not afraid to dig in nor unfamiliar with the service menu.

Now my question is regarding my pinch rollers. I've recently replaced the far left roller as the previous owner of this machine somehow developed a crack on it. I came to this conclusion doing a pull test with some material while pinched, per roller, per grit roller.

My far left roller now has a great amount of tension and does not slip, however it seems with that after making the adjustment of tension to the bar my right pinch roller no longer grabs as it did, and oddly enough when i use the 3rd (furthest right roller position) home roller spaces I can almost freely move the roller left/right when it's clamped down. I adjust the bar pressure some more and have escaped that issue but I'm still noticing that even on say 2-3ft prints my print/cut is off enough to make a difference.

I'm leaning towards the pressure of the far right roller not being accurate, but I can't narrow my issue down 100%. My next step is to replace that roller, but they're $225 locally (in canada) so I'd like to get some more life out of it if I can seeing as there aren't any cracks in it.

Any suggestions or opinions would help!

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
If I remember correctly, I think Roland recommends changing both at the same time for this reason. Also, in case you don't know, the rollers are tapered so make sure you have the taper pointed in the correct direction.

vsmartino

If I remember correctly, I think Roland recommends changing both at the same time for this reason. Also, in case you don't know, the rollers are tapered so make sure you have the taper pointed in the correct direction.

Yea, leaning towards it. I've shimmed the right side (very badly/ghetto) and it does seem to help.

I notice my left and right side of the graphics are good now, but the center seems to almost bow a hair and the feed is off a mm. Might just need more pinch rollers, only issue is the previous owner lost them and I have to purchase new ones....

And yea, very aware of the taper! :)