• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sp540v print issues.

eurekasigns

I've replaced dampers, wipers, even a manifold. I do soaks, have used vacuum pump to pull ink through. I get what you see in photo. doing a solid color print for a wrap I am working on. Yesterday I had almost a yellowish band. Today, after hours of testing... this is the result. Usually, printing on HIgh Quality setting eliminates this.... now it doesn't. Any suggestions? The lighting is enhancing the problem a bit. Notice also, it's not uniform as there are breaks in the light lines, of the regular color.

Attachments

• P9010569.jpg
    P9010569.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 124
Last edited by a moderator:

eurekasigns

Color is PMS 281. Encoder strip has been cleaned. New printhead strip, capping station heads , new. Lines there are clear too.

The dreaded White Banding...I always found it to be more noticeable in printing solid grays, and blue and purple hues.

On the original SP series, about the only option is to print at a higher pass count to mask the effect, but I was never able to eliminate it completely in those solid colors.

Newer Roland printers with RIPC do a better job of reducing this.

eurekasigns

It's not really white. It is almost as if the blue stops or prints in a diminished capacity. The light spots you see are almost magenta.

splizaat

Lets see a photo of test print...

Could it be ink starvation? It looks like a fairly dark color...have you tried slowing head speed down at all?

mark in tx

How old is your machine?

I have a 7 year old SP540V that started doing the same thing, I finally solved it by replacing the O-rings in the ink lines.

eurekasigns

Mine is about the same age. My concerns go back to about 6 months after I purchased it. The pump went out. When the tech came to fix it, he told me these machines weren't initially made for solvent inks. So, there were numerous service calls to convert to the new solvent oriented pumps. Over the years, I would have this particular problem with blue in high speed. I have a customer that uses a specific blue, which first brought this to light. I went through the ritual cleanings and such, sometimes it helped, other times not. My tech advised me to just print in STandard quality and that solved the problem... for a while. His reasoning was no need replacing the head. A few months ago, I thought a head replacement was inevitable, but I was fortunate to have a tech at my vendor, who was a bit more customer oriented and he advised me to change capping station parts, dampers and such. I also replaced a manifold for black head, that was cracked. This helped immensely and worked well. This time, I have used a vaccuum unit ( hand operated ) to make sure ink is pulling through ..and it does. That's a condensed version. So, the possibility of o-rings? I'm willing to try anything before making the throw for a new head. This has been a work horse of a unit and if I can rectify this, I still have confidence it will continue to perform. If you'd prefer to contact me off the forum, my email is eurekasigns@aol.com

skslae

black banding on fill check

20130619_125734.jpg

similar problem here .. about to replace ink damper on head carriage and cap tops .. any other suggestions ?

thanks advance

skslae

yes .. using roland inks from australia supplier .. never used other .. also from bias and vertical head adjust test print just today ( attached ) - does this mean head replacement? replaced 1 black ink damper, 2 cap tops and 2 wiper yesterday.

20130620_094537.jpg