• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help SP540V - Printing Issue - Black lines

E Coloney

While you have some deflected nozzles, there aren't many. Yes, there is evidence of deflected nozzles in your printing, I have far more black deflected nozzles than you do and my prints are much better than yours while falling short of perfect. I believe the deflected nozzles only aggravate another problem. See my comments in the file attached. When the black is spraying in areas that should remain white, it's because the machine doesn't know where the black head is AT THAT TIME.

EDIT: see my oval printing attached. Deflected nozzles cause a rough edge upon close examination. Note there are no "streaks".

Attachments

• Printer errors.JPG
    Printer errors.JPG
    99.3 KB · Views: 147
  • GBDT.jpeg
    GBDT.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 151
Last edited:

vsmartino

While you have some deflected nozzles, there aren't many. Yes, there is evidence of deflected nozzles in your printing, I have far more black deflected nozzles than you do and my prints are much better than yours while falling short of perfect. I believe the deflected nozzles only aggravate another problem. See my comments in the file attached. When the black is spraying in areas that should remain white, it's because the machine doesn't know where the black head is AT THAT TIME.

Hmm, maybe I'll flip my encoder strip and see how that pans out.

jeff412

Did you ever figure out the issue? I am having the same problem, but only after about 15 minutes of printing. I've cleaned the encoder strip but no luck. My test print is perfect with no deflections and all nozzles firing.

vsmartino

Did you ever figure out the issue? I am having the same problem, but only after about 15 minutes of printing. I've cleaned the encoder strip but no luck. My test print is perfect with no deflections and all nozzles firing.
I got it to be a BIT better by re-aligning the heads manually. While it didn't solve the problem it did help band-aid the situation for that timeframe.

I had a tech from All Graphics come by to service my XR640 and after going over my SP540 for a while it basically came down to the heads just being worn out. Granted my heads didn't have any damage to them, but they have a TON of run time on them, so it was just time.