• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540v problems

BROOKS

I am working on getting my dad's sp540v going but I just can't get it to print correctly. I was not printing at all, I have replaced both print head manifold nipples, 2 dampers, both cap tops, and all the ink as it has been sitting a long while. I have also pulled through all the lines, 10 to 15ml's per color. Attached is a service report as well as a test print. Black is printing almost purple and all other colors are very thin and transparent like. What could be wrong?

Attachments

• IMAG0726.jpg
    IMAG0726.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 88
  • IMAG0727.jpg
    IMAG0727.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 85

Wheeler

Power cleaning

Did you do a powerful cleaning? Menu/Head Cleaning/Medium or Powerful Press Enter

If that dont work the book says to use the cleaning kit to clean the heads.

Old ink might not be good, Might try shaking the ink cartridges.

Good Luck

rjssigns

Ink has a shelf life. Around 12 months, if that. Invest in a cleaning cart or two and do a system flush. If it was 3rd party ink you will have clogged lines or a clogged head. I speak from experience.
Once you flush I would do a fill test.

BROOKS

yes I have done plenty powerful and medium cleans. I will get a few cleaning carts and do that, I have gotten no better results with new ink so I think the cleaning carts should do. how do I flush it through?

Thanks