Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SP540V set up

Discussion in 'Roland' started by tnawards, Sep 4, 2006.

1. tnawards

tnawards Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Nashville
    Hello All,
    Can someone give me the rundown of setting up the 540V? I purchased it used, have all the manuals but am unclear as to how to proceed.
    Between the PrintServer guide, the VersaWorks quick start guide and the Net Tools guide I'm totally confused.

I want to use the ethernet port for the hookup to a pc that is using wireless internet. I know I have to assign the printer an IP address, but not sure how.

I called Roland but they are closed today so I thought I would ask here for help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for the read.

Tags:
  2. The Big Squeegee

The Big Squeegee Major Contributor

I know how you feel. I have CyberPrint and never was able to figure out how to send to the printer through a network. The conclusion was that the software was not designed for that.

3. mark in tx

mark in tx Very Active Member

Oct 25, 2005
    Harker Heights, Texas
    If Roland is willing to guide you through the process on a used machine, then go with them.
    Why be frustrated for a day?

4. threeputt

threeputt Very Active Member

Mar 10, 2006
    washington state
    I've always found Roland extremely helpful. Wait for them.

5. tnawards

tnawards Member

Aug 22, 2006
    Nashville
    Called Roland, like you said, very helpful.
    Thanks

6. sittinglow

sittinglow Member

Feb 13, 2006
    oh, by the way, im networked to the printer too, but it takes to much memory to run it thru a wireless. hard line it.