• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540V slow printing (head stops a few second each end)

Mattc

Hi, all.
I have SP540V. I had no problem printing big file and/or big size before.
I moved to new office lately and installed new router(Netgear). Previously, I had Linksys but failed working in my new office some reason, and that's why I replaced it with Netgear router.
Since then, small printing is ok, but when I try to print big file or multiple files, it prints slow. I mean, head is moving OK but stops for a couple of second in each end. As a result, printing times 3 times more form Versawork estimate. Does anyone experiences this problem?
Thanks in advance!
Matt

JRSdecals

Most definitely a network/router issue. Might try by bypassing the router and going straight to the computer using a X-over cable and confirm it prints fine without pausing, then you'll know there might be an issue with the network or router itself.

Jeremy

Mattc

Problem solved!
It was the router. I replaced new Netgear router with old Linksys, which didn't work first time. Tweaked in many way, and suddenly the router started working again. Now the problem in my SP540V is gone!
JRSDecals, thank for your advise!

Trimline20

Although your problem is now resolved, it is generally best to take the router out of the equation.

If you install a second network interface card (NIC), the printer can be connected directly to the computer without interference from the remaining network.

Sticky Signs

Glad you figured it out. I was having the same issue. Tried to bypass the router but still had the same issue. Turns out Norton was hogging all the memory causing the info to get passed slowly from the comp to the printer. That could be part of your problem as well.