• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

sp540V Wandering print

kustomkoncepts

Has anyone had the 0110 service call (0110 is Linier Encoder Error), Carriages are detached error and wandering prints? I have wrecked over $500 in Wrap vinyl because of this incompatant printer.

I liked my Roland for the first 2 years Had no problems but the last year it has turned into a complete PILE OF JUNK. I want to load in into a plane and fly over Roland DGA and push it out the door!!

After 3 years I still have 2 years of payment or $10,000 and the new XC is $33,000. Am I stupid or just plain nuts this printer can't even make me money now and it is shot. No one else seems to have this wandering print problem, Roland just gave me the Lemon.

I just want to know if I am alone on this problem or what. I know how to clean the strip and it will work for a while but I am doing a 40' enclosed trailer wrap and this is very frustrating. I have local support and it is always working when he leaves but he is here every 2 weeks lately. Thanks

Last edited:

mystysue

do you mean by wandering print that its printing like hmm bowed? (the edges curve).. if so we had this problem.. we cleaned the strip up top (forget what its called) and then did a enviomental(sP) thingie.. lol.. (can you tell im away from my shop.. and its been a long day)...
but we did do those two things and it cleard the problem right up..

Capital Signs

Encoder strip, and if you can clean the READER as well, it must be REAL dirty. Then environmental match. Should do the trick if not, you need new encoder strip, or reader or both.

mystysue

Encoder strip, and if you can clean the READER as well, it must be REAL dirty. Then environmental match. Should do the trick if not, you need new encoder strip, or reader or both.

rof. .thank you for making sence of my post.. lol..
thats exactly what i meant..

kustomkoncepts

I have had the encoder replace 3 time in the last year and the ribbion cable replaced. I was getting a lot of Invalid pinch roller position even when in a valid spot. the ribbion cable that runs to the Cutting head had a burnt wire in it it was black and the rest of the cable is white. now a week later I see the same wire in the new ribbion cable is turning black again. the is a short in the PS board and the whole mother board and cutting head board need replacement and the ribbion again. this may be contributing to my problems today but that should not have a effect on the printing part. Now I do seem to have a lot of static electricity in my shop. could this be a contributor? what does every one else do. Now that I think of it I started having problems when I remodeled and now the printer is on carpet and was on ceramic tile before. Could this be part of the problem? Please help before I do something stupid to this thing!!

signage

Static can cause problems, you could get a static mat and place it under the printer. As for the burnt ribbon cable I would think that there is another problem.

kustomkoncepts

so no one else seems to be Plagued with this problem constantly like me? I am the only Lucky one to be graced with this. This really hurts because I was only getting $4,500 for this 40' x 10' enclosed Race trailer wrap and I now have $2,000 of material and it would have taken 16 HRs to print but I have 4 panels that I have to redo already so this. Not to mention I wrinkled one in the laminator and have 10 panels to laminate yet so this is just going great.

mystysue

hmmmmmmmmmm .. Our versacamm has a heck of alot more pinch rolers than 4..
It stiill to me looks like mine did when the encoder strip was filthy and the environmental match was need.

Also when we had our problems we did the envir.match before we cleaned the strip.. and it got much worse.. so whe had to clean the strip and do enviro. match again.

Last edited:

kustomkoncepts

It almost looks like it has something to do with your pinch rollers, I don't know why Roland only uses 3 or 4 of them.

Thank you for the help Chicago but it is not the rollers I am not a newbie to this I know if the material was moving right off the machine by seeing the rollers are in the same place they where at the begining 1" in from the edge. it is a problem in the machine system, Encoder strip, Scan Motor, Mother board, Ribbion Cable or it is the name on the front of the machine.

mbarden

There is a red laser light or LED that reads the encoder stip. I had one go out and before it went completely if behaved in this manner. As the printer is running there should be a constant red glow from where the eye reds the encoder srtip as it moves along the print path. Check it out as it may be going bad.
Mike B
Big River Sign Co.

kustomkoncepts

I have cleaned and aligned this laser before and It will work for a while. over the last year it just seems I ahve to tinker with this machine and it will work for a while then right now I can't print 2 feet before problems again. I have lost all faith in the reliability of this machine.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If you need to clean the strip that often, perhaps you need a new one. Also, the encoder eye could be going out. Maybe get your tech rep in there and tell him to bring the necessary parts to replace it if that's what it is.

kustomkoncepts

If you need to clean the strip that often, perhaps you need a new one. Also, the encoder eye could be going out. Maybe get your tech rep in there and tell him to bring the necessary parts to replace it if that's what it is.

He is out this week and I am 20 feet short of a 200 Linier Foot Semi trailer wrap job that is Due Thursday for a big Race. They are sending me the Carriage Board and a new ribbion cable and I will replace myself.

I don't know if I mentioned that my Ribbion cable was replaced 2 weeks ago and the 5th wire in from the front was burnt black and now 2 weeks later the 5th wire in from the front is turning black again so I have some shorting problems.

Dave L.

encoder

If you had a new encoder put in, You have to Set the limit, Set the encoder, and do the encoder calibration. In service menu.

schurms

Sounds to me like what ever that ribbon is powering is your issue if you have replaced it and it continues to get burnt. Have some help you and find out what that powers and maybe you can come to a resolution. If I understand right you are handy and replace parts yourself. This is a situation where you need a service tech to help you out.

I

ilevelsign

this will cost you about $500 to replace by a tech.