• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SP540v Will not print red and yellow. Cant get the ink to flow to dampers

SLECsign

I just replaced the damper and top caps in my printer and I cannot get the ink flow to come back to the dampers. I have ran head cleanings and tried to pull the ink to the end of the line using a syringe but I am not having any luck.
Any ideas on how i can troubleshoot this problem.

Thanks

WalkerP

"End of the line" meaning from the dampers or from the bottom of the capping station with the heads capped? Are you getting air or vacuum?

Tizz

Back track your steps. Did you replace the black O Ring that connects the tube to the damper? A worn one can cause air to get in. Possibly your new damper could be bad also? I had a new damaged damper in the past. Check your ink line doesn't have a kink.
I personally draw ink back from the dampers once I replace before seating back into position, ensuring the damper is full of ink. Then I pull ink from the new captop when the head is seated.

SLECsign

I recovered the yellow ink by pulling it with the syringe. Still no red. When I use the syringe its difficult to pull from the end of the top cap. I checked the o-rings. They don't look bad but we are ordering new ones anyway. Still not sure exactly what to do to fix this thing.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It sounds like your cap top might be clogged. When you pull from the cap top tube with the syringe, do you get a lot of resistance or do you pull a lot of air with no resistance? If you get a ton of resistance but no ink comes through, there is a clog in the cap top/cap top tube and/or the head. If you get a ton of air, the cap top needs to be changed.

SLECsign

It sounds like your cap top might be clogged. When you pull from the cap top tube with the syringe, do you get a lot of resistance or do you pull a lot of air with no resistance? If you get a ton of resistance but no ink comes through, there is a clog in the cap top/cap top tube and/or the head. If you get a ton of air, the cap top needs to be changed.

There is strong resistance and no red ink comes through

jfiscus

Rap Master
Disconnect the "Y" connecting the magenta and yellow cap tubes. Pull directly through the magenta tube only.
Dumb question, but does your magenta ink cartridge have ink?