• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spanish Translation

ndwhite

Sortof an odd request and I'm not sure if this is the right forum for a thread like this but here is my problem:

I need to get the correct Spanish translation for "No Refunds Given on Parts, Only Store Credit (Excluding Core Charges)"

Babelfish gave me this "Ningunos reembolsos dados en las piezas, solamente crédito del almacén (excepto cargas de base)"

Which I am not at all sure if it correct.

So if anyone can offer me a translation or tell me a good place to get one that would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

J Hill Designs

Im sure there are some spanish speakers on here to get it correct, but heres google translate's version:

No se aceptan devoluciones dados en partes, sólo crédito de la tienda (se excluyen los cargos básicos)

wwpro

is that for an Autozone or parts store ? Let me know that and I can help you better.
"Core" is something hard to translate without considering the context.

Make sure you get a spanish speaking person to give you the right translation. There are better ways to say it then the translated version.

SD&F

The closest is the otctech translation : no reimbursements on parts only store credit; excluding basic ? and I will need to refresh mi espanol for core.

wwpro

well, I'm having a problem with "core" too, and I'm a spanish speaking guy who struggles with english.
Core as when you buy a new part, and leave the used/broken one ? like you do with car batteries ?

Justin

well, I'm having a problem with "core" too, and I'm a spanish speaking guy who struggles with english.
Core as when you buy a new part, and leave the used/broken one ? like you do with car batteries ?

I'm pretty sure the OP is meaning it as in battery core.. I'm of course not 100% because I am not the OP. :)

ndwhite

Core Charge would be for Auto Zone, thanks.

qmr55

From my Spanish speaking friend from Spain:

No se aceptan devoluciones dados en partes, sólo crédito de la tienda (se excluyen los cargos básicos

StarSign

Here is where you need to know your target. Someone from Spain would translate it a little different then someone from Mexico.

SD&F

This is how I would go:
No hay reembolsos dada en partes, sólo crédito de tienda (excluyendo gastos de núcleo)

emanuelav

Hi guys, otctech almost got it, Im from Mexico and I think that the right translation is:

"No hay reembolsos en partes, sólo crédito de la tienda (se excluyen los cargos básicos)"

Hope it helps.

wwpro

I agree with the last one, but the "core" thing is the deal breaker here, let me try to find out how is that called in spanish.

Which State are you installing this sign ? Not that it really matters, but Spanish from Central America is kinda different from the rest of the spanish speaking countries (south america-spain)

Edit: What you getting with "cargos basicos" really means "basic charges", and what we're looking for here is this : you don't get money back, just store credit, BUT if we charged you for a core (used battery) which you didn't bring you, we'll get you THAT money back ... is that right ?

ndwhite

I agree with the last one, but the "core" thing is the deal breaker here, let me try to find out how is that called in spanish.

Which State are you installing this sign ? Not that it really matters, but Spanish from Central America is kinda different from the rest of the spanish speaking countries (south america-spain)

Edit: What you getting with "cargos basicos" really means "basic charges", and what we're looking for here is this : you don't get money back, just store credit, BUT if we charged you for a core (used battery) which you didn't bring you, we'll get you THAT money back ... is that right ?

Iowa, and I think you have the right idea.

Tigertron

Maybe cargos despositos. Which is deposit charges. Spanish is not my first language. If you don't get a good answer I'll ask my wife she is So. American.

wwpro

Found this on the web :

The word "core" is short for "cash on return." When you purchase a part which is rebuildable , you can return your old part and receive a core charge. Generally a core charge is collected for engines, crankshafts , alternators , radiators , and brake shoes . If the part is beyond repair, there may be no core charge

I'd say you can put something like this for the core part :

Esto no incluye el monto de su parte de intercambio

What is says there is : This doesn't include the amount charged for the part you traded in.

I know it might affect the readability of the sign but you can make it smaller, heck ... is not that called "fine print" ? lol

Good luck with it