• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spar-Cal Vinyl????

idsignsil

Have a customer we do lots of work for send me a PO today calling for Spar-Cal Black 2001. I have never heard of this brand, so I called the customer and they said the last time we did a job using that vinyl was in 2004, and now they are adding to it and want to match it.

2004 was 4 years before I started working here, so I did some checking. Spar-cal was bought out by Avery. What I am hoping is that someone remembers this vinyl and will tell me that it is just the old standard black.
Then I can use Oracal,(not 3M) 651 black.

So does anyone who is much older and wiser than me remember?

Malkin

I still have a Spar-Cal catalog...

2001 Black is just a basic black, though not high-gloss, more like a satin to semi-gloss kind of sheen.

It's listed as under the heading:
PROMO-PLUS 3.2 MIL Calendered Vinyl, 5 Year Exterior Life

idsignsil

Meh....black is black.

Whatever you use isn't going to match something that's been up for 8 years...

I understand this, I just wanted to make sure that it was a standard black, not a metallic or something else altogether since it was before I knew anything about vinyl.