• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Speaking of stupid...... here's a stupid one......................

SkyHighJK

Our company motto is "Longevity Through Integrity"...
On my email signature, for about 6 months, I had it written as "Longevity through Integity"

Nobody ever said anything; I caught it myself one day.....and literally did a face-palm.

striper14

Our company motto is "Longevity Through Integrity"...
On my email signature, for about 6 months, I had it written as "Longevity through Integity"

Nobody ever said anything; I caught it myself one day.....and literally did a face-palm.

I just thought you'd spelt thru wrong....:roflmao:

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
The classic.
Silk screening double sided signs with an arrow. Set up with one screen.
<
>
Two dozen 18'' x 24''.
Only did it once.....
Think it was in 1978. No problems since.
Wanna buy a bridge?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I kid you not........ this just came in from a new customer we're dealing with and I've been asking for the vector format of their logo..... which she's been saying they don't have any such thing. So, I told her to ask marketing, advertising and so on....... she writes this back just a minute ago.

Our marketing guy has the vortex logo. As soon as he sends it to me I will forward it.

:roflmao: well, at least I'm gonna get it.

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I kid you not........ this just came in from a new customer we're dealing with and I've been asking for the vector format of their logo..... which she's been saying they don't have any such thing. So, I told her to ask marketing, advertising and so on....... she writes this back just a minute ago.

Our marketing guy has the vortex logo. As soon as he sends it to me I will forward it.

:roflmao: well, at least I'm gonna get it.

A vortex logo is coming ! Do we need to evacuate?

ikarasu

The classic.
Silk screening double sided signs with an arrow. Set up with one screen.
<
>
Two dozen 18'' x 24''.
Only did it once.....
Think it was in 1978. No problems since.
Wanna buy a bridge?

Count yourself lucky. We had an order for 300 coro House for sale arrows. We used our flatbed since they wanted fancy graphics and pictures. I was just starting and learning... Art department says they set it up so it doesn't matter which direction you put it in, it'll be correct. we used 24x24 coro... so it was 2 up. Printed all of one side... then printed around 150 of the second side, sent them down to be sheered in half... And 5 minutes later they come up "ummm.. then arrows pointing in opposite directions?" Of course I say no.. impossible, I was told it didn't matter how I loaded it, the art was setup in a way that doesn't matter".

Out of 150 of the signs I printed... Only 3 were randomly put in the right direction. Everyone had a good chuckle at the new guy messing up 150 signs. Coro is cheap, and our flatbed ink is cheap, so they didn't care...it was a lesson learned, and you can bet I've never made that same mistake again! I think I was more mad at myself for wasting 8 hours standing at a flatbed, being mind numbingly bored, and having to re-do it.

That was probably my "Biggest" I can't believe I was that stupid, moment.

euronymous

Cut 200 coro 24x18's for a local politician. Got the prints layed down on a little over a hundred when I realized the holes were going in the wrong direction (18x24....f0k). Politician still got his signs on time...even won the election!

Printed brochures for a conference and spelled main speakers name "Waymen" instead of "Wayman". No one at the entire conference noticed lol. Also the year before I printed them at about half the size they were supposed to be. I convinced them that this was much better because now they would fit in peoples pockets. Now they print that size and other conferences saw it are doing the same thing!