• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Special Wrap Artwork Needed

heyskull

I am trying to create something like the tank vehicle similair to the one on http://arizonacolor.com/
A number of wrap artwork suppliers are advertising this same vehicle but are stating when asked they cannot supply this.
I don't need the exact one but I'm looking for something similair for an in house project we have going with one of our vehicles.

Many Thanks
SC

dolce05

i'd be very surprised if someone is just going to "supply you" with the artwork. Try creating it yourself. Remember, if it was easy, everyone would doing it. good luck

ps. even if you were willing to pay for the files you would still need to do a ton of modifications to have it fit your project. I look at arizonacolors vehicle and just see tons of hours of templating designing and installing. Props to them for doing an over the top job.

heyskull

Hi Josh
In reply to your post about the tank wrap.
The Vehicle is a 1992 Volvo 940 Station Wagon (it's a tank already!).
This is white in colour.
All I am really after is the basic elements as vectors wheels, tracks, vents, ammo, etc.
I understand I will have to do a lot of custom stuff on it as a lot of stuff are unique.

Cheers
SC

JoshLoring

Ya,, it's a tank.
Are you looking for "elements" that you can arrange yourself? Or are you looking for a ready made design? The AZ color tank has a LOT of work into it. Probobly at least 12-18 billable hours.

mudmedia

by the looks of both Josh's and arizona color I doubt they are aurora stock stuff....Im sure they had multiple hours in taking photographs and highly tweaked edited deleted altered them and then laid them out per car.

its a ton of work

JoshLoring

mudmedia said:
by the looks of both Josh's and arizona color I doubt they are aurora stock stuff....Im sure they had multiple hours in taking photographs and highly tweaked edited deleted altered them and then laid them out per car.

its a ton of work

I had a 6 hour trip to a tank yard to shoot HDR photos.. Then a lot of clipping and brush work. There's zero premise art on the wrap.

mudmedia

I had a 6 hour trip to a tank yard to shoot HDR photos.. Then a lot of clipping and brush work. There's zero premise art on the wrap.

Josh what kind of camera do you guys use ... I have been wanting to get a real nice camera for the shop so I could have those capabilities.

heyskull

Josh
I'm just looking for the elements.
I appreciate the time to build into the finished item!!!!
I have allocated 20 hours of design time.
I'm using this as a company showcase and also a way of learning to fine tune effects in photoshop, illustrator and Signlab.

Cheers
SC

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
I also can do these elements.
Post some more details if you are interested.

wayne k
guam usa

JoshLoring

Ya, GAC does some great 3D work. :)

-Im old school. I still have a Canon 20 and 40D. It's more about the lenses though. Buy expensive lenses.

signswi

You can get print quality shots out of a t2i/t3i with a good lens (prime is best, to avoid barrel distortion). Shoot in RAW, process in lightroom, export and go nuts.

Canon is also releasing their pancake lens line and mirrorless camera soon, that's probably the best bet for sign people who want something portable and quality.

signswi

Learn how to model in CAD/3D. Then you can invent whatever you need when you need it.
:)

Sort of, still need a good texture library though. Rust and metal textures for a tank design aren't terribly hard to find, but shooting your own saves money and adds uniqueness to the final product.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
Sort of, still need a good texture library though. Rust and metal textures for a tank design aren't terribly hard to find, but shooting your own saves money and adds uniqueness to the final product.

You are forgetting procedural based shaders and texture generators.
A purist would scoff at bitmap shaders but a balanced approach is the way to go.

wayne k
guam usa