• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Specialty vinyl?? Two colors help please!!

DrJ2vinyl

Win sum loose sum
I have a customer with a small fleet of heating and cooling vans. Well recently he has aquired another van that needs to be lettered. But the vinyl on the trucks have a red to blue fade on the vinyl and its just cut from a regular plotter it looks like. The fade doesnt look printed on like some plotters can do. I checked fellers and some e bay looking for this pre colored bi color fade, cant seem to find it. Can anyone give me any ideas on where i might be able to find this? I asked him who did the original job. He cant get ahold of the guy. Thats why he came to me, but he swears the guy special ordered the vinyl already pre faded two color. Any help would be great thanks!!!

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
enamel receptive and airbrush would be my first guess...a picture would certainly help us figure out what you're looking at

jfiscus

Rap Master
It is probably "Edged" onto the vinyl (thermal transfer process) using a Gerber Edge. Kind of like laser printing onto the vinyl versus inkjetting (sovent printing) so you don't see the dots.