• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Speckled text/graphics

New to the forum been in the business for a year or so and my one experienced employee took time off so am going with the flow.
Anyway, I have a Roland Versacamm SP 540i. Lately, the text and graphics look very speckled with white on the colored print.
Cleaned the machine automatically and manually and still the same.
Looks almost spongy when printed. The white speckles are very noticeable.
Any help?
Danny

Not sure. Did just change the media late last week but a guy commented on some samples I did for him. He said latest batch had these speckles and that was before I changed the roll. But will try a different media tomorrow to see if any difference

Using gloss perm media and the CMYK settings are 85-50-0-0 the colors the way they were designed. Using Corel Draw X4 with Versaworks.
One pic is with a flash and the other no flash so the color disrepcancy but I thinkyou will get my drift with the pics of how griany they are.

Attachments

• Grainy Printing 3.jpg
    Grainy Printing 3.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 93
  • Grainy Printing 2.jpg
    Grainy Printing 2.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 84

gabagoo

This will sound dumb, but my prints look speckled sometimes when running lower resolutions. Certain colours become more grainy looking at 320 x 720...but only sometimes

I use AVery MPI3100 glossy perm.

New to all this and just know the basics as my permanent staff member who usually does this is on holidays (when it rains it pours).
What do you require when you say what are my profiles?

Roland finally got back to me. Told me to update versaworks which I did and contact Avery for profiles for media and install into versaworks. Once I get the profiles where do or how do I install them in VW?