Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spectratone Color Guide?

Discussion in 'Gerber' started by MCV, Jan 15, 2010.

1. MCV

MCV Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I need a little input regarding the Gerber Spectratone guide. I would say 90% of the stuff I do is using spot colors with solid fills. What I need is input whether or not I should shell out the $300 bucks to purchase one. In concept it seems very valuable but wanted to know what you all thought. I know that is a subjective question, but I don't want to purchase it blind. Also I know I can print out my own version with what I have in stock, but that seems like it might be pretty limited.

Tags:
  2. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    I rarely refer to mine since all I really need it for is Pantone matching. That, since version 2 (I believe), is now part of the color selection palettes anyway.

3. mrmoto95

mrmoto95 Member

Dec 9, 2005
    But sometimes it is nice to actually see the color beforehand.

4. Bill Modzel

Bill Modzel Active Member

Personally, I use mine quite a bit. It's certainly the easiest way to match a color sample
    that a customer brings in.
    In many cases, being able to print a vinyl color match instead of purchasing a 10 yard roll of vinyl saves bucks instantly too.

5. JimMoorePDS

JimMoorePDS Mimaki Sales & Service Technician

I'll sell you mine for $200. Seriously- let me know. PM me if you are interested.

6. natedawg9640

natedawg9640 Member

Aug 10, 2009
    Appleton, Wi
    I would be very interested in acquiring a spectratone book if anyone has one they'd like to part with.