• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spectratone Color Guide?

MCV

I need a little input regarding the Gerber Spectratone guide. I would say 90% of the stuff I do is using spot colors with solid fills. What I need is input whether or not I should shell out the $300 bucks to purchase one. In concept it seems very valuable but wanted to know what you all thought. I know that is a subjective question, but I don't want to purchase it blind. Also I know I can print out my own version with what I have in stock, but that seems like it might be pretty limited.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I rarely refer to mine since all I really need it for is Pantone matching. That, since version 2 (I believe), is now part of the color selection palettes anyway.

Bill Modzel

Personally, I use mine quite a bit. It's certainly the easiest way to match a color sample
that a customer brings in.
In many cases, being able to print a vinyl color match instead of purchasing a 10 yard roll of vinyl saves bucks instantly too.