• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Speed Press

midnite

Hi guys, I am fairly new to the sign industry, do more decals and wall graphics, but I am finding a niche at trade shows to do custom made signs for kids rooms. I will have about 30 designs or so, mostly premade, and then customize as per customer request. ie: childs name etc. I am wondering if anyone has used, or uses Speed Press... seems like a good idea for making the signs, and also for adding the customized bits later.
http://www.speedpress.com/products/2/44

hics

I use the speedpress everyday. It is the one tool I would not be without. I use it for small signs large signs, banners, stickers on walls, etc. Its the quickest and least expensive process to use, in my opinion. If I have the vinyl cut and weeded multi colors (3 or so colors) i can do a double sided realty sign at about 1 1/2 minute per side and NO TAPING. Just my opinion.
steve

hics

I have big squeegee tool (don't know what yard tool is) and it is also a great tool. I have not mastered the art of alinement with it thou. seems as thou i sometimes get alinement off. If you use a printer and you do not need to layer vinyl then It would be a tool that is much better than tape. I do think the speed press would be better to hold up to a wall to apply vinyl thou. Just my thoughts.
Steve

dasnootz

If you're dealing with cut vinyl and layering, I think a Speed Press is a must. If you're printing rather than layering, I don't know how often you'll use it.

midnite

Thanks guys for all the good info here. I think speed press is the way to go, as, so far, I do not have a printer ..... I am hopefull tho that I will need one in not to distant future.

Thanks again.