• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spell Check Option

signage

I tried the spell check option above, and it doesn't seemto be working!

Has anyone else tried it, and if so is it working for them?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Where above?

Sounds like a browser option. Mine in Firefox works great. You might need to check your options and see if you have a dictionary loaded.

signage

It worked on the old forum just not the new one. Also works on other sites!

Above in the reply and advanced reply!

Where should I check for dictionary to be loaded?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I don't see it in either reply box choices.

spell check.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Could this be what he's referring to ??
spellcheck.jpg

If ya figure it out, get him a grammar check option, too.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Here look

If you look at my upload showing the Firefox reply box you will see that an ABC icon does not appear. Therefore, I conclude that it is part of Internet Explorer.

Checking in Internet Explorer, there is an ABC icon. Clicking it for me brings up this message:

ie spell check.jpg

signage

Fred I have IE spell check and it is enabled! But it doesn't work in the new forum!

see attachment

Attachments

• signs101.jpg
    signs101.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 73

signage

Now Fred the one on the IE tool bar works but not the one on the reply tool bar.

The IE tool bar is the ne that you can see in the upper right of my attachment.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I'm at a loss when it comes to browser support for IE. I'll ask Anthony if he has any ideas. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
From Anthony:

As far as I can tell, IE has had this issue with sometime between vbulletin & itself & spell check not working in both ways, unless IE or vbulletin fixes it, nothing I can do, its a bug.

Tell him to use the way that works or use a better browser at this point.

A

AnthonyG

As there is no fix for this, i would suggest that you use an alternate browser w/ its own spell check built in, Chrome or FF has this feature.