Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

spent the weekend working in a true paradise... and shot video on the drive back...

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by iSign, Jul 26, 2011.

1. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Tags:
  2. trimguy

trimguy Member

May 24, 2008
    Hawaii
    I followed a drunk driver going out to Hana on New years morning. Half way through he hit the block wall at the entrance to a single lane bridge. It probably saved his life, since he didnt go over one of those cliffs.

3. skyhigh

skyhigh Major Contributor

Jun 16, 2005
    PA
    Oh boy....? The only way we could see how beautiful it is, would be to drive off the cliff. I didn't even see a deer run across the road..... but hell, I'll just go look out my back door for that.

You don't happen to go that way during the daylight hours, do ya?

"Arguably" is kinda an understatment.

4. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Kinda reminds me of the first time I drove to Whistler before they fixed the highway for the Olympics. Not quite as twisty-turney but I did have fog, rain, snow and icy mountain roads to contend with. My knuckles have never been so white.
    Wicked video!

5. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Thanks sticky... I thought it was a pretty wicked challenge, and enjoyed the lack of traffic!!

Sky, didnt you see the sunrise pic from the trip out? ...on FB?

6. GypsyGraphics

GypsyGraphics Major Contributor

Mar 19, 2009
    with that music... does this remind anyone else of Space Mountain?
    i love that ride!

7. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Well, stop by then, I'm going back in a week or so...
    Next time... Pantera!!

8. OldPaint

OldPaint Major Contributor

i got a problem with it. i been on that drive to hanna. yes it is twisty, BUT.....that video is just a couple pieces looped over and over. seen the same concrete abutment in the same location..........i know better. google MAUI, and look at the road on the map. the pretties part of that drive, is from HANA, SOUTH, 330 & 31!!!! when we was there in 95, the car rental company told us IF we went to hana, that we should return from there NORTH, the way we went. IF we went past hana SOUTH.........the car rental insurance would not cover anything!!!!!

9. SignManiac

SignManiac Major Contributor

Mar 25, 2006
    Mars Florida
    Looks like a great ride on my Hayabusa!

10. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    I've done this drive a few times, it is spectacular. One of the few things that lives up to the hype.

11. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    it ain't no freakin loop dude...

..and that was just 19 minutes out of 69... all just like that.. (I sped the 19 to 8.5, because that looks like it felt to me, behind the wheel)

12. GAC05

GAC05 Major Contributor

Dec 27, 2005
    Guam USA
    Looks like fun
    I think you need to replace one of your headlights or have them adjusted.
    My 8yr old was watching with me and lifted an eyebrow when he heard some of the lyrics on the soundtrack.....

wayne k
    guam usa

13. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver

"By Demons Be Driven" might be appropriate....

14. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Now Wayne... you and I both know that if you set your 8 year old in front of an iSign video, you did it with your eyes open, & full knowledge of my reputation :wink:

15. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Almost what I had in mind... I thought of "Far Beyond Driven"... But yes, your suggestion might be appropriate for me :omg:

16. iSign

iSign Major Contributor

Nov 29, 2003
    Kahului, Maui
    Here is another bit of a clue as to what this drive is like... Op's ridiculous misperception that I doctored the video inspired me to find this little look at why that was such a preposterous notion, since I could have even shot a video 5 times longer that remained just like that one:

[​IMG]