• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spider

skyhigh

Anyone able to identify this spider? This guy was pretty big. His butt alone was about 75% the size of a dime, and had some fairly well defined markings.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pic (taken at night time).

Attachments

• spider.jpg
    spider.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 74

ova

I think the sac is so big because it is full of little spiders. I've stepped on one before and it looked like there was thousands of little one running around.

Dave

SignManiac

It appears to be an Argentinian Vampire spider, "Merda taurorum animas conturbit". They come into this country through produce from South America. They are very fond of bananas and hide in the bunches while being imported here. They reproduce very quickly usually bearing as many as 10,000 babies, which yours look like it will very soon.

They don't actually feed on blood but to like the juice from pomegranates, which has a red colored juice. They tend to die off during winter months from the cold, so don't worry about him. They make good pets. I keep them in my home.

Fatboy

It is spideroptimus bitingfucingsorumus also known as the 2 step.(name from the fact that the victim from a bite only give 2 steps before collapsing)

Good luck

Steve C.

Garden Spider. I had one that stayed in my backyard all summer one year. Scary looking, but harmless. Beneficial for controlling real garden pests.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Spider came down, sat down beside him and bit him in his curds and he blew up like a balloon from the venomous spit in the spiders jaws………
spider bite kid.jpg

These guys are so-o-o-o-o big around here….. well look, here’s a turd after eating a neighbor’s dog…………
Heck, notice the resemblance between Murphay and the turd ??

spider bite murphay before.jpg spider bite murphay afterturd.jpg