• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spinning Foil with 2.5 Upgrade

PurplePanther

We upgraded to Omega 2.6 last week and all the installations went good. Except now on our Edge 1 machine, most of the time we send jobs and the job is about ready to print the foil just spins in place and no printing is done and the vinyl does not move.... not all the time just most of the time. Is there a setting that needs changed to help with the communication between the computer and printer? We have anti-static mats etc. And again, just started happening after 2.6 was loaded.... we do have an older computer in place in the production area (but we just got new machine in to replace) could this older computer not handle the "bells and whistles" of the new 2.6?

Thanks,
Brent

Donnie

Before sending a job make sure the last job you printed is cleared from your GQMgr. Most of the time i see that happen that's the reason behind it. As long as you never pick up your printers top the foil will never wrap it will just sound like it is.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Chances are the problem is that your Rainbow Sentinel Config got wiped out with the upgrade and needs to be setup again.

PurplePanther

Fred -

yes the installation wasn;t working correctly so i called gerber and they had me delete some files and one of them was the rainbow config...

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
The Rainbow Sentinel Config basically tells Omega where to look for the security dongle. You set that port to "Yes" and all others to "No".