• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spiraling text

knucklehead

Can one do this in Corel? Putting text on the spiral is the easy part. How does one make the text progressively smaller. I tried the blend tool. but I guess it doesn't work with text.

Attachments

• spiral text.jpg
    spiral text.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 106

rubo

you could individually select each font and make it smaller than previous one - it's a PiTA, but can't remember the proper technique now - good luck!

Rubo

Cyw

It looks like the text decreases in sections
Before you attach it to the spiral path, type your line of text and switch to the shape tool
Select a group of nodes and change the text size.
Repeat this 3 or 4 times and then fit the whole line to your path
It should only take a few seconds

Attachments

• Decreasing text.jpg
    Decreasing text.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 77

knucklehead

Yep, tried the sizing each letter, that didn't last long. Fixin' to try Cyw's method. It should just take a few seconds. Thanks

Cyw

Love those stories with happy endings!
Glad you got it to work

I also have a (free) macro that automatically INCREASES the size of the text but I can't for the life of me remember where it came from. I never looked at the code to see if the process could be reversed. It now goes from small to large......not large to small.

If I ever get it to reverse direction, I'll be glad to send you the gms file in case you can use it for another project

Diane