• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spit pad question

How often should the spittoon pad need to be replaced? I just replaced it the other day and its full of ink again already.
Is there something else that may be making the heads spit more than they should? Or am I just loosing my mind? lol :ROFLMAO:

PMG

i change mine about every 2 months,,but i have waited 3....... here ya go use this.............

Attachments

• ValueJet%201204%20Maintenance.pdf
    154.7 KB · Views: 103
Thanks for that file, im going to print it and stick it right to the front of the printer.
Any ideas why it would soak up on me that fast? I havent been doing any more printing than usual.

PMG

i know on mine the first pass will leave a good amount but not saturate it... enough to show the profile of the head..i seen randya looking at this post awhile ago maybe he will shim in on it as to the reasons it sprays over this pad.....and to why yours get soaked on the first pass........whats your prints look like if its laying down that much ink???? I do have issues using the 3651 profiles as the inks are all set to 100% in the flexi profiles.....i cant even run the 3651 profile with the media once ya go change the ink levels in the new profiles they no longer work.

randya

The machine 'spits' to keep nozzles clean.

The spit pad itself is mostly a splash guard to keep ink contained in the ink drain beneath it.

Some people will clean these, but most just change them out.
You can balance the cost vs time and see what makes sense for you.

I believe it spits every pass or number of passes, so it depends on the amount of printing and the amount of drying (usually due to temp and humidity) as to how much ink saturation appears on the pad.

You can spit on the media and the pad will not be used, it will print a black line on each side of the media about 1/2" in.

PMG

thats the flushing option in the printer menu for those who dont know,,i turned that off the first day i had the printer hehehe.

Todd M Castle

Yep it will look all dirty and ink filled after one good day of printing. It is still working as long as it does not get saturated. Once that happens you can get the ink splashing back up on your heads and will get some random drops on your prints.