• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

splattering print/overspray

skasigns

Can anyone tell help me with my Mimaki JV3 - 130? For some reason the black has overspray. Sometimes as far as an inch. Thanks in advance! Kim

Attachments

• 20160328_190557.jpg
    20160328_190557.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 199

guitarguy69

Looks like the Cyan head has some missing or deflected nozzles. I bet the K is deflected as well, would you show a nozzle test for us to see. I would probably rule out static as that usually happens to the Cyan, but out of curriosity, what material is that printed on? Do you have the same results on other materials? How old is the print head, and or, how much has it been used? Any bad head crashes?

skasigns

Using Oracal 3651. We purchased the printer, brand new, around 2007. We've had a few minor head strikes. We have one head ordered. I've attached three prints we did last night. Thanks again! Greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• 20160329_124855.jpg
    20160329_124855.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 159
  • 20160329_172351.jpg
    20160329_172351.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 167
  • 20160329_172344.jpg
    20160329_172344.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 190

guitarguy69

The K head is not looking well, lol. Time for replacement, possibly the Cyan as well. Try a head soak for the Cyan before replacing. Also the alignments are off as I can see Cyan around the K and Magenta around the Cyan in the print. Anyone have a head alignment manual for him?

I bet with the adjustments after the K is replaced, you'll be winning again.

skasigns

The K head is not looking well, lol. Time for replacement, possibly the Cyan as well. Try a head soak for the Cyan before replacing. Also the alignments are off as I can see Cyan around the K and Magenta around the Cyan in the print. Anyone have a head alignment manual for him?

I bet with the adjustments after the K is replaced, you'll be winning again.

Thank you very much for your help. Now we're getting an error 07 Head (--**----). I think we're to the point of trying to find someone to service it.

Thanks again!!!
Kim

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
Do a head alignment first. That's the biggest problem I see. Then do a few cleanings and see if some of those black nozzles will come back. Five or six missing nozzles isn't that bad unless they're right next to each other like your black.

Going forward, get in the habit of keeping your nozzle check and date them. Looking at a years worth of checks will give you a better idea of which ones are gone for good and which ones might come back. I used to print one after every cleaning and head strike.