• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Splice print and have the other half print next to each other?

JetPress

Sorry for the wordy title but basically I need help with this splicing issue. I have a 25x145" print but I need it to splice down the middle and print the other half next to it. I can't get the other half to appear and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if its even possible.

I'm also aware the tiles need to say "2" in order for that to happen but I don't know how to get the other half to scoot over there. I attached what I see on my computer screen.

Attachments

• Splice1.jpg
    Splice1.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 251
  • Splice2.jpg
    Splice2.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 234

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
It's been a while since have done this but I'm pretty sure you just hold the shift key while selecting the other panel. That should select both and they will show up together in the layout.

JetPress

It's been a while since have done this but I'm pretty sure you just hold the shift key while selecting the other panel. That should select both and they will show up together in the layout.
Thanks we are half way there! It turns out it's the CTRL key. Now I have 2 tiles but I still can't get the other half to appear next to each other.

Attachments

• Splice 3.jpg
    Splice 3.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 230

JetPress

I found a way to do it by making two separate print jobs and then nesting them in the Production Manager. I'm sure there is an easier way to this and I'd appreciate if anybody knows. :)

myront

CorelDRAW is best
Simple. Do the split in Corel, set them side by side, export as pdf to the Hot Folder. Print Tech sees it drop into Production Manager and prints without having to set anything other than the substrate and print profile.

JetPress

If you click and drag the first one to the left, then back to the right, does it drop the upper tile back where you want it? Wild guess, but corel and cutting master 2 used to do this.
I was going to suggest building two separate print files or making the tiles side by side yourself in your graphic suite of choice, but looks like you already did!
I gave that a try but it didn't work. I'm pretty sure I've done another job like this in the past and had no issue. Maybe Flexi was acting that day but regardless separating the print files did the job!

Simple. Do the split in Corel, set them side by side, export as pdf to the Hot Folder. Print Tech sees it drop into Production Manager and prints without having to set anything other than the substrate and print profile.
Thank you for your response but I don't have Corel and this job was designed and printed off Flexi.