• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spoiled by air-release

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Lately we're doing a lot more digital print than cut vinyl and just to keep things simple and avoid taking rolls off and on of both laminate and vinyl, we stick to mostly Avery 2105 and 1360 for the laminate. We'll use cast 1105 for complex wraps and 3M and avery cast color change for color change wraps.

We did a partial wrap on a truck with the avery cast color change and when the customer wanted to duplicate the graphic to his trailer I thought, why use air-release on a flat surface? So I ordered cast non-air release matte vinyl. Long story short, I gave up and stuck with the air release. The wheel well gave me way too many issues! Impossible to pick back up and re-position without it cracking or tearing.

I think I'm loosing my touch. :(

Baz

You are better off using an application fluid if you are sticking down large pieces of vinyl with no air release.
I even appreciate the air release in calendared vinyl. Makes things so much easier.

2B

You are better off using an application fluid if you are sticking down large pieces of vinyl with no air release.
I even appreciate the air release in calendared vinyl. Makes things so much easier.

agree

with the range of materials and pricing being so close, we only stock air channels for the commonly printed materials.