• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sponge height or cap station depth

damones1st

Currently running two JV33-160s and with one of them I'm changing sponges almost every week because when the printhead comes across the capping station its rubbing against the sponge. I compared the patterns of ink on the sponges from both printers and there is an obvious pattern with that one printer. The head is clipping the sponge at the front and rear of the sponge as it passes over the cap station. Sometimes the ink is so saturated in the sponge that its difficult to remove because its stuck. Only occasionally does this result in a head strike. Is there a fix that I can perform or is this something I should hire a tech to repair?

APCInk

Merchant Member
As far as I know there aren't any sponges on the JV33 series printers except for the one to the right of the print head that should never make contact with the head itself. It is designed to collect the ink splatter from the wiper that flings up to the right of the head while wiping. It is possible that you have a lot of ink build up on that side of the head that could be making more contact with the sponge causing it to come out of the capping station. I am a technician out of Ohio if you need assistance send me a message or give us a call.

Good Luck!

Brian