• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sponsorship Banners

Stacey K

I like making signs
Thanks everyone! JimBug72, thankfully the gal I was working with was kind enough to have me send her a final list and she is working on getting the last 4. They are all local businesses except for a couple. Of course the problem with this is many of them don't have anything except a business card LOL I did take this as an opportunity to spend some extra time in hopes next year they will come back with more business. When I sent them the proofs of what I have already they were very happy! A couple of them I was not able to remove the white box around so it looked decent so I added a complimentary color outline and they look great. There were 3 families that donated and I put there names in nice type in an oval with an outline instead of just black type. Again, they said the banners look much better than in years past. I'm not super busy right now so taking a little extra time (it was a few hour project) will hopefully be worth it in the end. Many of the people on the board are business owners and coaches, etc. so I feel it was worth the extra effort for more business!

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
When the business owners see a thoughtfully designed banner with their logos on it, they will know who to call when they need signs. Good job.

Cordell-Designs

I design sponsorship banners for a local travel baseball / training facility each year. They always get sponsors who's logos are terrible quality images that are sent over. I make enough $ on the banners each year that I basically eat the cost/time of vectorizing the bad quality images. This year, somehow, we ended up with maybe 5 that needed to be vectorized, we either had the rest or were able to download the vector version online.

They love the quality and $$, I like the $$ so it works for both parties in my case, hope it's the same for you.

AMGearhart

We also do a lot of sponsorship banners & step-stake signs. It is par for the course. Fortunately for us, many of our customers also order trophies & awards from our other department, so we have their logos in a better format on file. We also keep a logo folder for quick reference too, since so many of the bigger businesses are the same sponsors year after year.

But as others have stated, these temp signs will be seen for a few hours, usually at a distance. So let the customer know which are the worst and which are passable. It is up for them to decide from there.

There is one logo from several years ago that was 71 dpi, that the customer had me enlarge to 18". I still cringe thinking about it.

Jeremiah

I design sponsorship banners for a local travel baseball / training facility each year. They always get sponsors who's logos are terrible quality images that are sent over. I make enough $ on the banners each year that I basically eat the cost/time of vectorizing the bad quality images. This year, somehow, we ended up with maybe 5 that needed to be vectorized, we either had the rest or were able to download the vector version online.

They love the quality and $$, I like the $$ so it works for both parties in my case, hope it's the same for you.
Am I missing something here about the $$ . do you charge standard banner price or more for additional work

Cordell-Designs

Am I missing something here about the $$ . do you charge standard banner price or more for additional work

For this client, I do a standard charge for the banner (based on size and weight of material). The additional artwork I do not charge for. They are happy with the price I charge them, and the quality of work, and I am happy with the money I make from the job.

It works well because once I have the layout for 1 banner done, there are 5-6 of those banners printed.

Stacey K

I like making signs
I think I'm OK charging a standard charge per banner, no multiple discounts or anything like that. This was 4 banners, same basic set-up but a total of 38 sponsors. In the middle of the busy season I might add a few bucks to each banner but now it's a slower time so the extra time didn't take away from anything else.

Going forward, I'm going to do the same thing 2B does, I'm making a PDF of the "rules" and will rate each logo as it is supplied. The customer sent an email to all the business owners before she talked to me and asked them for jpegs or pngs lol In the past the lady at the local newspaper made the banners at a discount or free but this year she didn't time to mess with it and someone suggested me. They did not ask for a discount, they just wanted them done. This first job was more time consuming than I expected but a good learning experience and I think they turned out good. I also made sure to put my business name on the lower right of each banner so the business owners know who cleaned up their crappy logos LOL

myront

CorelDRAW is best
1. brandsoftheworld, wikimedia etc.

2. type in any search engine i.e.
"coldwell banker" filetype: pdf (no space before the p)
Usually vector logos are used in pdf's

3. email/contact the web designer they usually have a vector or at least understand what that means.

4. recreate if simple geometric shapes and easy to find font.

nitro2010

Randy
I usually have the organizations give me a list of sponsors with the contact info and deal directly with each sponsor. It is great for networking and plus you can work directly with them and give them what they want. It is good for future sponsorship for that organization. This way you can tell them exactly what type of artwork you need from the sponsor. I usually give them 3 shots at sending me the correct artwork, then i just let them know that its their money, so if it comes out bad it is because you don't have the correct artwork. Within 30 minutes you will get what you need or at least get them to pay for you to re-creat it.