Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sports teams clipart where to find ??

Discussion in 'Clipart, Vehicle Templates and Digital Files' started by JHsigns, May 26, 2004.

1. JHsigns

JHsigns Member

May 12, 2004
    Ok.. I have tried looking throught the different software suppliers that I know of (with my experience very limited) I was hoping someone here might know where I can find clip art for vinyl of like the 49ers and Raiders... or if it is even availiable... or legal to make the decals would be a good question as well .. Since I have a customer that is looking for some for bicycles which he sells...

Thanks in advance for any help..
    ps. customer would like them this weekend ..

Jeff

Tags:
  2. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Jeff, to your left under Top Links, is a link to Logo Shak. Hopefully it has what your looking for.

Also noticed this in the web links section here:
    http://www.sportlogo.net/index.php

George

3. JHsigns

JHsigns Member

May 12, 2004
    Thanks George...
    now I can learn how to convert a GIF :) but at least I have something to start with now...

Thanks again !

4. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    Jeff, I think the logos on sportslogo.net are in ai format. Either way glad they'll work for you. I use them often for my favorite teams.

George

5. Fred Weiss

Fred Weiss Merchant Member

Sep 11, 2003
    Olympia, WA
    You'll find most sports teams in EPS vector format at www.brandsoftheworld.com ..... often with colors assigned.

I would caution you that production of these logos for other than your own personal use is a definite infringment of each team's copyright.

6. geb

geb Very Active Member

Apr 23, 2003
    Adirondacks
    In reference to team copyrights, is it the league or individual team one would have to get permission to use their logo from? Has anyone here ever gotten permission and paid a fee to use any team logos, and if so, what price range are we talking about?

I suppose this also relates to Nascar #'s?

George

7. RedlineDesign

RedlineDesign New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    I did a search and I saw this thread...I also saw that it was back in 2003. One link listed above is no longer there and on brandsoftheworld.com they took off most or all of the professional sports. Dose anyone know if there is anywhere else I could find these logos at?

8. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    It is a trademark violation....

Pay your licensing fees to the NFL/NBA and sell your products. Anything else is stealing.

9. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    All's I can tell you it's not cheap for the licensing of any sport logo. If you do it legally.

10. RedlineDesign

RedlineDesign New Member

Sep 10, 2007
    Thanks for the info.

I'm sure its not, I guess I should go sell that extra kidney I have on ice in the back.

11. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    Ha Ha Ha you think its not cheap legally, Get caught not being legal.:biggrin:

12. WOODBS

WOODBS Very Active Member

Jun 5, 2007
    this subject comes up quite often. i have to wonder how the guys like in a local mall here are doing corporate logos, team etc, with no worries? i am almost certain they don't have rights from billabong,gators, etc.
    obviously the copyright csi team doesn't look too closely ? huh?