• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

SPOTIFY invite

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I signed up a month ago for them to notify me when it was available and got an email a week ago. I don't see anywhere in the program to send out invites

cgsigns_jamie

You get "Tokens" to send out invites... I've been a member for about 2 weeks and still haven't received any tokens... You can see your invites via their website, not the app.

I'll send ya an invite, Chris, if I get one.

(The service rocks BTW)

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I am a bit confused. Does it work like Pandora at all? Or do you have to search specific signs or artists? I was hoping i could pick an artist and it would find similar music and play continuously like Pandora.

Letterbox Mike

Sorry, I already used up my invites or I'd send you one. Just get a paid subscription, well worth it, by far the greatest thing to happen to music in a very long time. I predict iTunes will be moving to this format in a very short time because this is going to put a real hurt on them (much more than Pandora or anything else). I was averaging at least $50-60 a month in iTunes, now I'm spending $10 and can listen to literally anything ever recorded. I don't foresee spending another cent on iTunes...

ProWraps

cg, thanks bud!

insignia, after i posted this, i think i will go with the premium. what sucks, is TODAY my yearly pandora renewed heh. oh well for $36 a year, pandora is worth it too.

but if spotify is what you are saying and what i figured it was, yeah, you can kiss selling music goodbye.

Letterbox Mike

I doubt you'll use Pandora anymore. I kinda' gave up on it a few months back, it's library is fairly limited (I think something like 750k songs vs. 15+ million on Spotify) so after you listen to it for a while it starts recycling old songs, you never really get to hear any new or oddball stuff.

With Spotify, you have to manually choose the music or albums, it does't do it for you like Pandora, it's much more like iTunes, but just imagine having an iTunes library with every song ever. You can create playlists just like iTunes too so you can organize music how you want, which is cool. You can also share your playlists with people you're connected to on Facebook, which I also like. I've already discovered a dozen bands from shared playlists I would have otherwise never found.

It's pretty rad.

Have you checked out turntable.fm? It's pretty interesting too, worth a look, I just found it last week and have already stumbled on some new artists and new genres altogether.

mikey-Oh

If I understand correct, only premium subscribers have the ability to invite (least in the US.)

It's amazing how much music's on there. Granted I find some stuff missing the Beatles, Led Zepplin, Arcade Fire, etc. It's a bit overwhelming with sooo many choice.

Spent the last few evenings building playlist's since my invite. It can get tedious trying to figure out the next album. If you want to listen here's one centered bottom right. Up to 8 so far.
Friend, find or whatever it's called on there... I'd like to hear someone else's work or recommendations.

iSign

From what I'm reading, Pandora will still have a place in my world, to justify $36...

If I have to know what I want to listen to for Spotify, pandora will be one place I gather that info... They have been the greatest rabbit hole for music research for me, by throwing out similar tunes, and then the best of that I make another station for, and get similar of that... And now I can just use those discoveries to identify to Spotify