• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spotty print

MiguelGonzalez

Hello guys, I got a spotty ink on my prints, what could be the possible reasons? The media i am using is "Flex" that's how we call it here, i dont know how you guys call it.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 390
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
What printer and media are you using? Also, are you using the appropriate profile for this media, looks like it's not putting down smooth over the textured media, might either need more heat or less ink based on the look.

Geneva Olson

Expert Storyteller
2 Possibilities: 1 either your material is plastesized. It looks like banner material. is it old?
The other possibility is if you are using an HP machine, it's either your print heads or the maintenance kit that needs to be replaced. On flexi you can look on your computer and see which print heads are "out".

MiguelGonzalez

2 Possibilities: 1 either your material is plastesized. It looks like banner material. is it old?
The other possibility is if you are using an HP machine, it's either your print heads or the maintenance kit that needs to be replaced. On flexi you can look on your computer and see which print heads are "out".
May i ask what a plastesized material means, just curious.

Zoogee World

It effects the Eco-Solvent printers, typically when you print on it when it's gone really bad, it doesn't print as well and the media shows either textured lines or spots, kind of what it looks like in the photos you sent. Do you know how old that media is?

MiguelGonzalez

It effects the Eco-Solvent printers, typically when you print on it when it's gone really bad, it doesn't print as well and the media shows either textured lines or spots, kind of what it looks like in the photos you sent. Do you know how old that media is?
No, But i just received it last week from my dealer

Zoogee World

No, But i just received it last week from my dealer
What cling of media is it? from the photos it looks like maybe a static cling? Anyway, I'd play around with heat. Are you sure it's the heater that is bad, depending what printer you have, it could be something else. I had an issue with one of my Roland SP-300V's, where it wasn't heating up, turns out it was the heater board and not the heater.

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Have no idea what cling of media it is. Yes heater was not heating up, there still is a chance that my medias are plastesized.
Static cling... No adhesive, but sticks to glass. Exactly what is the media you are printing on? What does the manufacturer name it? Brand, product number or description..? And what printer, rip and profile are you using? Sorry if I missed some of that if already stated. A lot of things that come in to play when trouble shooting.