• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

spreadsheet or job sheet

Eo2bonehead

Does anyone have a good spreadsheet to print and take to a job to get all the info and do estimates for the job from a customer ? That you would be willing to share? Thank you in advance!!

Jester1167

Premium Subscriber
You probably not getting any answers for several reason:

Your question looks like you want something for nothing. If you posted your attempt and asked for feedback you will likely get it.

Usually your trying to build relationships and sell as you get the specifics about a job and comprehensive checklist gets in the way.

I have attempted this when trying to train new employees and it quickly gets out of hand with all the different categories and possible choices involved. Simple is better, create a few areas with prompts and a large areas for notes and sketches. Get a business card for their contact information. No need to write all that crap down.

I've never felt like I had to get every single detail right from the start. No matter how diligent you are, questions usually pop up later in the process. A phone call or email lets the client know their project is important and you can get the answers you need. I look at as another opportunity for relationship building. Just try and get most of the information up front and don't call 5 times for clarification, They'll think your an id10t.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
My cell phone takes excellent pictures for the visuals and it also has a built-in recorder so I can make verbal notes and play them back later.

Carrying a notebook around is fine, but like you're asking, what if you forget something ?? You can't have every last detail figured in ahead of time. For us.... almost every job is custom, so we never know what we might run into. The pictures and recordings are what I've been using for the last 15 or so years. :thumb: