• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Sprinter Van Recesses...

ProWraps

we use the correct 3M tools (VCAT) and heat. We go into the recesses and as long as all the air is removed, it works the way it supposed to. as far as the VCAT being too expensive, well yeah i agree. $130 + is rediculous. especially considering we through about 6 a year.

get the right tools, and do the job right, and you will have no problems.

jasonx

we use the correct 3M tools (VCAT) and heat. We go into the recesses and as long as all the air is removed, it works the way it supposed to. as far as the VCAT being too expensive, well yeah i agree. $130 + is rediculous. especially considering we through about 6 a year.

get the right tools, and do the job right, and you will have no problems.

Are you using the Large and Small Rollers too or just the VCAT2?

ProWraps

vcat. we have the L and the S rollers as well. just dont use them as much. like the softer edge of the vcat. if the bastards would only sell the wheels we would be stoked. alas, we have to buy the entire thing over and over as they wheels get soft and the glue wears out from the foam.

jasonx

vcat. we have the L and the S rollers as well. just dont use them as much. like the softer edge of the vcat. if the bastards would only sell the wheels we would be stoked. alas, we have to buy the entire thing over and over as they wheels get soft and the glue wears out from the foam.

Cheers mate looks like I'm ordering a vcat2. I've got both the l and s rollers and use them all the time. At the time I wanted the rollers they had to order in the vcat2 was a few weeks wait so I never got it.

TheSnowman

Didn't I see in a Fellers catalog a while back where Frank was suggesting that you cut magnetic material and stick it in there, then cover it up? I know nothing about that, or if it's practical, but just throwin it out there.

jasonx

Didn't I see in a Fellers catalog a while back where Frank was suggesting that you cut magnetic material and stick it in there, then cover it up? I know nothing about that, or if it's practical, but just throwin it out there.

You can also buy a tool from me. It's $500 and looks like a hammer but its not a hammer. Its a recess removal tool. What you do is sit inside the van and where all the recesses are you bang them with my 'recess removal tool'.

Won't have a problem with vinyl popping out them either :p

Magnets damage paintwork when left on the vehicle for long periods of time. Magnets were never made to be a permanent solution for signage. They were made to be reusable.

EmpireGFX.com

Well thanks to everyone for the advice. The install went pretty smoothly for my first attempt and I think everything came out pretty clean!

I attached some pics of the finished product...

Attachments

• TileWerk01.jpg
    TileWerk01.jpg
    405.3 KB · Views: 93
  • TileWerk02.jpg
    TileWerk02.jpg
    408.9 KB · Views: 123
  • TileWerk03.jpg
    TileWerk03.jpg
    339.7 KB · Views: 109
  • TileWerk05.jpg
    TileWerk05.jpg