• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Spyder3 ICC profile and Flexi

racerxmccoy

I've just purchase a Spyder3 color profile system so that I can create my own ICC profiles based on material and my actual printer. Now Flexi will not accept the profiles that I've created. The folks from Flexi say that the profiles from the Spyder are RGB profiles and Flexi will only accept CMYK. Has anyone else experiences this? If so is there a work around?

I was thinking that I could embed the proper ICC into my photoshop files, but I'm not exactly sure what settings to use in Flexi to make the output correct.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!:thankyou:

eye4clr

You do indeed need proper CMYK profiles. What you have is suited to profiling desktop printers that use a "driver" instead of a RIP.

Get you $ back and get an EyeOne package that makes CMYK profiles.

racerxmccoy

thanks guys....guess I should have done my homework first before making the purchase. What kind of cost am I looking at to get the proper set up?

eye4clr

I'd have to look it up to know precise pricing but you're likely going to fall around $2000-2500.

rfulford

Also, it is worth mentioning that i1 profiler was announced at IPEX. Xrite will upgrade and PM5 or Monaco packages purchased to i1 profiler when it is released in Q4