• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Square Up

njshorts

i'll wait 2-3 days for a free one from the website... not canceling intuit until mid-november anyway... thanks though!

CES020

NJ, one thing to be aware of (it caught us) is that if you manually key the information in (not swiping it), then there is a limit of $1000 per week. We had some customers phone some payments in, and we used it, it exceeded the $1000 per week, and they placed part of it on hold for 30 days, which freaked me out when I saw it happen, as one was a deposit for a job and we wanted the deposit so we didn't have to front the money for the material. Putting it on hold for 30 days would have meant we had to pay for the material out of our account.

They have a form you can submit to ask for that limit to be raised. I submitted the form, explained the situation and about 24 hours later, the funds were released to our account and the limit was raised.

They seem to be very easy people to work with and my couple of support emails about that subject were all answered very quickly.

They will pop you fairly hard for manually keying cards in, so be ready for that. They really REALLY want you to swipe the card.

njshorts

thanks for the heads-up! i think we're going to be using another solution for keyed, but definitely square for swiped... i saw their keyed rate and suddenly wasn't surprised that there are no monthly fees or minimums.