• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Squeegee edge?

4R Graphics

Ok I asked a question awhile back and people said you need to sharpen the squeegee or have a good treated edge so my question to you pros is what is the best way to get a good edge on your squeegee and just exactlly what is the edge suppose to be like? I ask this because I have been using squeegees straight from the box until there messed up on the edge then throwing them away and getting a new one and from what I read I should be edge treating the squeegee from the start and throughout its use. So again I ask how do you edge dress a squeegee and what is the edge suppose to be like? Pictures would be nice also.

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
to sharpen the squeegee - rub it along the center of another squeegee at the little hump...works wonders...or use a fine grit sand paper

4R Graphics

So I just use sand paper ok now am I just sanding the very edge so that its flat if you were to stand the squeegee on its edge the edge would be true and flat with no humps bumps or nicks?

wraplady

I just got back from a certified 3M wrap seminar and the 3M rep said that is why the ridges are in the middle of the squeegie - to sharpen them with. Just run it back and forth in the edge of the ridge to sharpen it.

signmeup

I rub the edge on a scrap of sintra. Way faster than on a second squeegee. I make my squeegee edges rounded.