• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Squeegee issues.

Eforcer

Attempted to contact Dale, call and no answer at all, not even a tone. I am going crazy with the new aluminum squeegies. I miss the original plastic ones. I used to be able to apply 5 up of 18 x 24 coroplast with out bubbles. Now with this new and improved aluminum squeegie, well they suck. Anyone else having these problems?

unclebun

Actually, our experience is the opposite. We could never get the plastic ones to work well. They were too flexible and applied uneven pressure. With the aluminum ones, all our problems have vanished.

Eforcer

Thanks for replying

Is your edge felt white or black? Ours is white and feels soft to the touch, as oppose to the black which had a little roughness to it.

d fleming

using an old 26" pvc squeegee with black felt today with one arm. wife is holding taped graphic for me as i broke my left arm 3 weeks ago. squeegee working like a champ

Eforcer

I agree 100% my bottom layer cracked in half, and I'm presently taped it up with some resistance, but way better than the aluminum squeegie. So is it the felt you think?

Is your work table perfectly flat? If not, that may be why you preferred the plastic ones. I also preferred the plastic ones because the flexibility seemed to make up for the imperfections in the work table. The aluminum squeegees are technically much better, but ONLY if you have a perfectly flat work surface, IMO.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
Attempted to contact Dale, call and no answer at all, not even a tone. I am going crazy with the new aluminum squeegies. I miss the original plastic ones. I used to be able to apply 5 up of 18 x 24 coroplast with out bubbles. Now with this new and improved aluminum squeegie, well they suck. Anyone else having these problems?
Sorry, you could not get in touch with me. I don't know what the problem is with my phone. I get calls everyday with no problems that I know about.

The good news is that plastic is back. Well, it is not the same as the original but it is extruded the same way as the aluminum. We just got it in a couple of days ago so I'm still sorting through its capabilities. It is much more flexible than the original tools though but you can attach stuff to it the same as the aluminum ones. I'll be putting them up in the website later this week or early next week. So far i'm having some issues with the edges not being straight enough which can be expected of extruded plastic. I will have to set up for machining the edges to make them straight so I'm not quite ready to offer them for sale.

Attachments

• Option 1.jpg
    Option 1.jpg
    637.8 KB · Views: 151

Eforcer

Love this forum. You were totally correct. I let a friend built my present table 6' x 10' and it is slightly concave. I'm glad we can purchase the originals. I still prefer the original plastic squeegies. Here are what mine look like right now. We are completing 125 signs for golf outing.

Attachments

• My Squeegies.png
    My Squeegies.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 148