• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Squeegee suggestions

FSDesigner

My install guy is asking me to ask about what the best kind of squeegee there is. Right now we're using the Golden Squeegee from Fellers.

papabud

Lone Wolf
well there is no best squeegee for universal applications. i have about 4 different kinds that all work great at different things.,
i have a crap ton of those gold ones. i have a nice soft red one and one that is felt and some very stiff plastic yellow ones.
but i mostly use the gold ones the most

ExecuPrintGS

I have at least a half dozen squeegees on me at all times depending what i am doing. Some things need soft squeegees, some stiff, my new favorite are the Avery flextreme squeegees for tight spaces. It really just depends what you are doing.

bigben

I use mostly the 3M gold ones or the wetedge. For frosted/clear vinyl, I use a bluemax with handle. I also use the original and aluminum BigSqueegee for certain jobs.

eahicks

Magna Cum Laude - School of Hard Knocks
Everyday vinyl stuff, 3M Gold. For etch vinyl and laminated graphics, Geek Wraps white with black felt edge.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Bill Collector from Fellers is my main one, saved my wrist from horrible pain. I use the smaller OsheeMoons for smaller things or when wrapping and the vinyl is real aggressive and you have to go slow. I've stopped using the plastic ones because it was hurting my wrist.. now I only use them for the edges on vehicle wraps. BTW, I love wrapping in the winter.. the vinyl's adhesive is soooo less aggressive.
2875.png

Bill TheFed SP'r

for general use I like the Teflon ones 4" and 6" mostly. I also use the blue Avery Felt squeegees 4". For delicate clean applications where I'm scared to scratch anything I will slide a low friction sleeve over my teflon squeegee . I also have others that are just hard felt.
I will add, one reason I love the Teflon squeegees is that I can clean/reform the edge by just rubbing it on my jeans. polishes it right up like new.