Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SS21 vs ES3 Just the stank

Discussion in 'Mimaki' started by Rooster, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Rooster

Rooster Very Active Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Edmonton
    My JV33 is in a home office environment. Can I get away with SS21 inks without a full ventilation system? How much worse is the SS21 than the ES3's as far as the stank is concerned.

Tags:
  2. ChicagoGraphics

ChicagoGraphics Major Contributor

Feb 27, 2007
    World
    ES3 is an eco-solvent ink almost oderless, SS21 will give you either a headache or a buzz.

3. SAS

SAS Active Member

Aug 23, 2005
    NC
    I run SS21 inks without ventilation. If I print all day I can tell it but it's not that bad. When I got the printer I did not get the add on heater and ventilation system because I had plan on rigging something up. I just have not got around to it yet. But now I think I'm going to order the heater because the inks are not dry sometimes when it gets to the take-up reel.
    Grimco here in N.C. dose not stock the ES3 they said they have never installed any Mimaki's around here with ES3 inks