Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ssmmgr.exe???

Discussion in 'General Software' started by Marlene, Sep 1, 2011.

1. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    we are having issues with one of our 'puters. I went online and found info on ssmmgr.exe as it popped up this morning as a program running when I ctl-alt-deleted. what I found is that it is a Samsung monitor program Samsung printers, which we don't have. I also found that is could be a virus disguised as a ssmmgr.exe file. anyone know anything about this thing?

Tags:
  2. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    Download CCleaner and clean your registry, for now.

3. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    thanks

4. qmr55

qmr55 Very Active Member

Jun 3, 2010
    Yardville NJ
    What OS are you on? 32 or 64 bit? Do you have a Xerox machine connected to this computer?

5. CS-SignSupply

CS-SignSupply Very Active Member

Samsung Printer Ink Monitor program.... Have a samsung printer installed? or at one time did you?

6. MikePro

MikePro Major Contributor

Feb 3, 2010
    Racine, WI
    my best check for spyware is to cntrl-alt-delete and check your processes list.
    google EVERYTHING on that list, one item at a time, and it will show what program it may/maynot belong to.

7. signswi

signswi Very Active Member

Oct 29, 2009
    Or you can use HijackThis.

8. Marlene

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    just getting back into the shop after posting this thread

that computer is running xp, not sure 32 or 64 bit, no to the Xerox. I found info online about it being a samsung or a virus pretending to be a samsung. we never have had a samsung product in the shop so would I be safe to assume something is wrong? hings that are happening are Photoshop on that computer won't open, parts of McAfee are missing like the option to defrag and such, the Dell printer/scanner that is connected to the computer won't scan and the computer keeps wanting to use a dial up connection when it is a dsl connection. lots of stuff like that plus it is so slow