• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

ssmmgr.exe???

Marlene

we are having issues with one of our 'puters. I went online and found info on ssmmgr.exe as it popped up this morning as a program running when I ctl-alt-deleted. what I found is that it is a Samsung monitor program Samsung printers, which we don't have. I also found that is could be a virus disguised as a ssmmgr.exe file. anyone know anything about this thing?

qmr55

What OS are you on? 32 or 64 bit? Do you have a Xerox machine connected to this computer?

MikePro

my best check for spyware is to cntrl-alt-delete and check your processes list.
google EVERYTHING on that list, one item at a time, and it will show what program it may/maynot belong to.

Marlene

just getting back into the shop after posting this thread

What OS are you on? 32 or 64 bit? Do you have a Xerox machine connected to this computer?

that computer is running xp, not sure 32 or 64 bit, no to the Xerox. I found info online about it being a samsung or a virus pretending to be a samsung. we never have had a samsung product in the shop so would I be safe to assume something is wrong? hings that are happening are Photoshop on that computer won't open, parts of McAfee are missing like the option to defrag and such, the Dell printer/scanner that is connected to the computer won't scan and the computer keeps wanting to use a dial up connection when it is a dsl connection. lots of stuff like that plus it is so slow