Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stacey needs help

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by stacee, Feb 24, 2006.

1. stacee

stacee New Member

Feb 24, 2006
    i am very very new not only to this site but to the plotter thing. i am ready to throw it out the window and signwarehouse has been of NO help to me but to direct me to places i don't understand. so if anyone is in for a challenge please let it be me. :help: :help: :help:

Tags:
  2. Jeizzavelle

Jeizzavelle Member

Feb 24, 2006
    What do you need?
    I might be able to help. I am having my own plotter trouble (material will not track properly) but I know why and am looking for solutions to make it work. Have been using a plotter for 1.5 years. I might have had your problem. :rolleyes:

3. stickitco

stickitco Member

Dec 15, 2005
    What problem are you having Stacey?

4. VinylCraft

VinylCraft Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Discribe your problume and equipment you are using so others can help you more better. I also have the problume dealing warehouse like many.

5. Jeizzavelle

Jeizzavelle Member

Feb 24, 2006
    I need help too. I have a graphtec plotter and I am cutting 3M electrocut film and it keeps slipping out from under the rollers. I am cutting 17" wide on 18" film so I have the rollers on the edges. I know that's the problem but how else am I supposed to get a correct cut on both ends and sides?????

6. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    First of all from one Stacy to another - welcome!
    Let us know what kind of problems you are having and we can probably help you out or direct you to the right resource. This is a great place for new people to learn from.

7. Cadmn

Cadmn Very Active Member

Aug 19, 2005
    sounds like pinch rollers need adjusting

8. Jeizzavelle

Jeizzavelle Member

Feb 24, 2006
    What kind of adjusting? I have them set above the bottom roller. I know that the reason I am losing my material is because I have them too far out on the edges but is there anything I can do to widen the material?? My boss expects a 17" sign cut on 18" film. If I cannot make this work he will kill me. We have done lots of these and never had this much trouble. I don't get it. But there has to be an easier way. I even lowered the speed. Stupid plotter.

9. VinylCraft

VinylCraft Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Although I love the 3M electro-cut I too am having problumes with tracking i can not cut anything longer than 36" with out everything going wrong. Although i am using a Lynx 24" i tryied slowing it down by tricking it into thinking it was a heavier meterial so it would run slower that still didn't work. Mine and your problumes are prob differnt but i thought i would add that i to am having the same problumes with the same meterial Jeizzavelle. Go figure i called Signwarehouse and the only thing they could tell me that is i need new rollers. Yeah sure

I would also find it kinda of hard to get 17" cut from a 18" wide roll of media. Maybe reconfigure the design to fit the other way. I would alteast allow 1" on each side of the cut for the rollers to be placed.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  10. Jeizzavelle

Jeizzavelle Member

Feb 24, 2006
    I can't the spec calls for a 1/2 " border. These are overhead signs for highway use. 1" borders are perfect. I hate my plotter. And the software (gerber/omega) sucks for doing custom graphics. Any suggestions on what I SHOULD be using???

11. VinylCraft

VinylCraft Active Member

Sep 16, 2005
    Have you tried a differnt kind of vinyl just to make sure it's not the media? I Like the electro-cut and have alot of it but had to resort to a differnt media because of the problems you speak of. Maybe try shorter runs?

I would hate to steal Stacee's thread but maybe this is somthing that should be made into it's own. I would like to see what the others would have to say on this matter.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2006
  12. freestyledesigns

freestyledesigns New Member

Feb 23, 2006
    what kind of plotter is it

would love to help i have 4 different kinds of plotters maybe i have on e you are using

13. Jeizzavelle

Jeizzavelle Member

Feb 24, 2006
    creating new thread.