Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

stacking printed vinyl. Eco Sol

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by Shadowglen, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Shadowglen

Shadowglen Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Dickinson, ND
    OK I have 15 panels just like this they are 54" x 48" give or take a little. well I am running 15 copies just provided a picture so you can see the solid areas of ink. so I am running out of room I have some hanging from the walls and some lying on my production table. they seem dry and I know about the whole controversy of let them gas out vs don't let them. so can they be stacked or does that effect them? I wouldn't think so but I am learning everyday how the strangest things effect printed materials :thankyou:

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    no takeup reel I take it? I usually leave my prints lightly rolled up standing on end overnight

3. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I would worry about ink transfer personally. I would loosely roll them and stand them up in an empty box so no pressure is on the ink.

4. Shadowglen

Shadowglen Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Dickinson, ND
    I have a take up wheel on it but it is only like 6 inches at the bottom over so it was easier to prop a small card table for the vinyl to slide over and not hit the tile floor faster than taping it down.

5. SlightlyChilled

SlightlyChilled Very Active Member

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    I see a reel its a 55 lower right side....

6. SlightlyChilled

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell
    I would have just kept printing the same file over and over not cutting off till you were going to have each contor cut.

7. 2B

2B Very Active Member

May 5, 2011
    TX

with a fan turned on for circulation will be ideal

8. Shadowglen

Shadowglen Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Dickinson, ND

I must be working for the government today because that makes a lot more sense than what I have been doing. :doh: I will do the remaining 8 in one shot and then set the whole thing upright loosely rolled then cut them apart to laminate. See ya don't know what ya don't know. Thanks all I love this place LOL.

9. WestcoastSigns

WestcoastSigns Member

Aug 22, 2009
    In the image you posted you have registration marks. You probably don't want to cut them apart to laminate if you are putting them back on the printer to then cut.

Just sayin...

10. SlightlyChilled

Dec 19, 2009
    Hell

If he prints it as one BIG file you are right. What I was saying is to print the same file over and over. and you r good to cut