• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stainless Steel

jghoaks

Trying to put a logo on a piece of stainless steel about 1 1/2 " x 18 " long. Having trouble with the decal not sticking in some spots ....using 651 material....I even used some heat after words and it didn't even help. Any suggestions would be appreciated !!

Stainless steel usually usually has a very oily surface. Even if it feels dry. I would think you need to wipe any stainless down with Isopropyl Alcohol before you mount anything to it. I have done plenty of vinyl on my stainless fridge. I even cut a thin lined box out and titled with script font"Menu" Very wispy tails on the font. And it has sticked for over 2 years without issue. Wipe it down with water and soap. Then a stainless steel wipe. The stailess steel wipe is loaded with oil. I believe stainless is also produced with alot of oil on the surface. You need something that will cut the oil off more then just soap and water.

And I woulnd't think the heat would help at all if you haven't removed the oil. Actually I would almost bet that heating it would make it worse as this could spread the oil around more.

Yea you got me on this one. I tried the things I could think it would be. The vinyl doesn't sounds like an issue. I used Grimcos briteline black vinyl and did what I said and no issues. Maybe there is something missing. Or you might need a stronger alcohol instead of isopropyl.

jghoaks

Yea you got me on this one. I tried the things I could think it would be. The vinyl doesn't sounds like an issue. I used Grimcos briteline black vinyl and did what I said and no issues. Maybe there is something missing. Or you might need a stronger alcohol instead of isopropyl.

I just washed it again with dawn and water and scrubbed it really good.....then I will wipe with alcohol again and see what happens this time.... thanks for the help