• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stamps.com must die!

Pat Whatley

So I signed up for stamps.com last January thinking it would be a good idea. For a few months there it worked great, I could just print postage for everything and send it out. Our mail route got changed, though, so instead of the mailman coming by at 4:00 so he could pick up that days shipping he's now coming by at 8:30 in the morning. I ended up taking everything to the post office to ship so it would go out a day earlier making stamp.com not really worth the monthly fee.

So I called and cancelled it, got my confirmation and went on with life.

The next month I was billed $15.99. I called and they explained that I'd cancelled in the middle of a billing cycle so that was just my last months payment. I wasn't happy about it but let it go.

The next month another $15.99 charge hit. Called, complained, they apologized and refunded the money.

Same story the next month. Charge and refund.

And the next month, this time a supervisor called me back and told me they'd fixed the problem.

This month is happened again. This time I called my bank...and the bank says because it's on a debit card all they can do is cancel the card and file a dispute. I called stamps.com....and they show my account completely active wtih no cancellation. I gave them all the cancellation confirmation numbers, they apologized and said they'd take care of it and refund the money.....again.

I'm thinking at this point if it happens again I'm just going to call the District Attorneys office.

TheSnowman

Well, we still use the service, and love it, so I can't speak for the cancellation. Sounds annoying though...I'll keep that in mind if we ever can it.

Rodi

I had a similar problem with netzero. I am trying to save for a business and I decided to ditch cable internet. I signed on with Netzero paid the first month, went to cancel my cable and they gave me a deal I could not refuse. NetZero said they would keep on back up until October. Well November and December I get a bill and its 9 bux, but I call they say no. My card changes and they are saying my account is backed up. Crooks!

ProWraps

my merchant processor for my old biz did this to me. FOR A YEAR. i finally had to close my account, and they never refunded any of my money.

trakers

We use Virtual CC numbers for all online transactions. We are able to set the credit limit and expiration date for each unique CC number.

For instance I if I order $184 from Fellers, I generate a number with a $185 limit that expires in 2 months.

I also personally use the same thing for services such as NetFlix, etc.

Mosh

You really sail mail that much anymore? I have not bought stamps in a couple of years.

briankb

Premium Subscriber
I didn't have all the cancellation issues with Stamps.com but I didn't like the software they provided or the service.

I'm thinking at this point if it happens again I'm just going to call the District Attorneys office.

I would send Stamps.com a letter with a timeline and proof of each incident and on the letter cc: to the state attorney. I bet they don't just "fix it" again but they delete you entire account and REALLY solve it. Good luck with your stamps.com Idiocracy!

Recently I took a used car to a Honda dealership for a quick inspection. There were no parts involved but I was still charged 7% tax on the ticket. When I asked why, one of the smart ass service managers the cashier called to the desk told me it was correct and sales tax has been charged on labor for 22 years in Florida. I pointed out that he was wrong. But it didn't matter so I told them I would report this to DOR. Charging tax on labor and not reporting it is a pretty old scam. By the time I got back home the service manager left me a message saying they were refunding the tax and they were wrong. I have yet to see the refund. I would like to be there when/if the DOR show up for an audit and they get caught.

If you still need something try http://www.endicia.com I've been using them for the past few years. Not as flashy but I like their software a lot more and it's very easy to use. I believe they are cheaper than Stamps.com as well. They offer a much better API and developer interface if you need to do a custom application or integration.

So glad I never used them. I use my dymo twin turbo printer and there service. Does not cost anything per month.. just the postage you use

signgal

It's just ridiculous that we have to take so much time out of our already busy days to deal with this crap!

weaselboogie

I went through the same thing with UPS freight for about a year. Every month I had to call because they invoiced me again and every month someone said that it was fixed. The next month rolled around and another invoice. I finallly ended up talking with someone who actually knew what they were doing.