• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Stand for Roland GX-24

Escritar

I purchased a used Roland stand for the GX-24, however, it did not include the "bar" (aka "roller brake") that I've seen in photos that contacts both rollers to keep the vinyl rolls from "un-rolling".

What was included with the Roland stand were two chrome plated "squares" that are installed onto each end of one of the rollers. The squares are secured to each end of the roller with a nylon machine screw to keep the roll of vinyl in alignment during cutting.

Do these "squares" also serve as a "braking mechanism" to keep the vinyl from unrolling?

Does anyone have a photo of the Roland stand with a roll of vinyl installed with either the bar (roller brake) or the squares also being used?

Dakotagrafx

I have owned 2 gx-24's and never used the collars to keep the vinyl square - never needed them. also I have never seen the "brake" mech that you refer to - the only time I have heard of anyone needing something like that is when the person ran the roller thru the middle of the vinyl roll and not sit the roll on top of the rollers. why would your vinyl unroll on it's own or why would you want the plotter to work harder to feed vinyl??