• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Stand Up Sign

tylerclprint

Hi all! We have a client who is looking for a cutout sign that is able to be held up on it's own without having to be propped up on it's own or installed on a wall, etc. We will be designing it to be very similar to the design of a cardboard cutout but we would be using heavier/more durable material (most likely ACM or Aluminum) - it would be about 44" tall.

Would something like this do the trick or should we look into other options? https://www.google.com/search?q=alu...1920&bih=950#sgro=om&spd=11856045519791567760

Any help would be sincerely appreciated!

- Tyler

Dan360

We do them on MDO and screw an L made of 2x4's to the back.

If you're using light material, spider feet or even a jumbo easel from ULine would do the job.

Martin Denton

pooch 001.JPG pooch 004.JPG we use acm with a fold to the back this example is 4ft tall

Martin Denton

You could probably get away with doing it a few times but eventually it would snap. Was made and designed as a permanent display but the base has a fairly narrow footprint around 1 foot deep max - as I recall

tylerclprint

We do them on MDO and screw an L made of 2x4's to the back.

If you're using light material, spider feet or even a jumbo easel from ULine would do the job.

If we used MDO for this do you think it would be too heavy for the spider feet? I've personally never heard of those before but if they would work for an MDO panel this may be our best bet. Appreciate your tips!

Dan360

If we used MDO for this do you think it would be too heavy for the spider feet? I've personally never heard of those before but if they would work for an MDO panel this may be our best bet. Appreciate your tips!

I think it would be too heavy. We tried to use spider feet to hold up some acrylic panels once and we ended up having to use big ones that you fill with water.

WYLDGFI

Merchant Member
Hey Chuck...we're just over the border in NJ here. Life-size cutouts are not an issue for us. We would be happy to help out

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Back to the OP, here.

Is this cut-out to be used outdoors on inside ?? You used a photo example for exterior stands, but most of what I've seen offered here, other than that neat bargain store sign all seem to be for interior use.

And will it be one or two-sided ??