• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Standard AI generation

dzigngraffix

Help, have a cd that when i import from it, it states This file is not a Standard AI generation. Do you want to continue? If you say yes, the image comes up and everything is in a silhoutte form. Any ideas how to get them to open up the right way?

Vinylman

Depending on whether you are on a Mac, or a PC Just hit the {COMMAND} Y for Mac,
or {CONTROL}Y on the PC.

Vinylman

Open the file. Hold down the "CONTROL" key, and hit the "Y" key. That {should} let you view the graphic .
If that doesn't work you might have a problem with your program. I don't know if this will have to be done "EVERY TIME" you open a file. That depends on too many variables to discuss here. How familiar are you with this software?

dzigngraffix

NOT familiar at all. i just started my business months ago, and am computer retarded to boot. i havent had alot of problems and have somewhat been able to self-teach myself through to get going. This has definetly got me wondering. The program is a signwarehouse SignPower disk. They wanted to charge me 29.00 everytime i called or emailed for help. After 3 times and them telling me to purchase and upgrade my 7.5 to 8.6 i said forget it and actually got THAT problem fixed on my own. When i control Y it shows red lines of what i should actually be viewing, but as soon as i click my mouse to type a font or do something with the graphic, is turns instantly into a silhoutte.

Vinylman

NOT familiar at all. i just started my business months ago, and am computer retarded to boot. i havent had alot of problems and have somewhat been able to self-teach myself through to get going. This has definetly got me wondering. The program is a signwarehouse SignPower disk. They wanted to charge me 29.00 everytime i called or emailed for help. After 3 times and them telling me to purchase and upgrade my 7.5 to 8.6 i said forget it and actually got THAT problem fixed on my own. When i control Y it shows red lines of what i should actually be viewing, but as soon as i click my mouse to type a font or do something with the graphic, is turns instantly into a silhoutte.

Judging by your most current response, You have asked the wrong question, and therefore the answers given may be of little or no value in helping you to correct your problem.

START OVER HERE.

(1) Tell us what program you are trying to work in.
(2) Describe the procedure you used to get to where you are having a problem.
(3) Tell us what you are trying to accomplish?
(4) Oh and by the way! BURSTING INTO THE ROOM, and asking for help without even a "Hi, I am new here, my name is ______, could someone please help me?" IS RUDE!

I will try to help you, but use common courtesy and you will get better answers.
Also, taking the time to CLEARLY state what problems you are experiencing will get you better and more direct answers to help you solve your problems as well.

One thing I have noted with your last reply, " The program is a signwarehouse SignPower disk " leads me to believe that you need to read any documentation that you have about THAT PROGRAM, and this might show you what is happening.
Are you opening the above disk in Illustrator? or some other program?

Vinylman

I just did some quick "Google" research, and the disk you are importing your "Artwork" from is currently being offered by {S.W.} for $1.
It seems from the information I could get from a few minutes of reading the flyer {S.W.} offered, that this is just a copy of the older version of "Sign DNA" that has been on the market for over ten years.
Almost any current graphic program "should" be able to open and display the artwork.
If you are experiencing difficulty doing that, the disk "may" be corrupted.